Antifragile – Things that gain from disorder
Antifragile is a great book with a number of interesting new ideas. The German subtitle means “Instructions for a world we do not understand” .
In one sentence, a fragile glass falls to the ground and shatters – a antifragile glass falls to the ground, doesn’t break and is even getting stronger through this. Other Examples :
- Open to unforeseen incidents
- Estimation of errors, because here they are small and insignificant
- Tinkering with random Try
- Taxi drivers, Artisans
- Decentralized Systems
- Well read
- Silicon Valley
- Acute stress followed by extended recovery periods
- Small and not specialized
- Adventurer, Hobbyists
- Debt Free
- Immune to incorrect predictions
- In case of illness, instead of adding medicine, letting things away
- Changes – instead of always constant
- No compromises
- Things which have long endures
- Small loads, Stressors
- Investments: 90% absolutely sure, 10% high risk
- Sometimes procrastination
- The nature
I’ve read the 600 pages + 100 pages annex in a few evenings – super exciting and very inspiring.
A completely new way of seeing things and life, thoughts:
- What is getting better and more beautiful when getting older?
- What has long stock and will exist for a long time?
- The beauty of used goods and facilities, patina ..
- Bones are reinforced at stress – Unused they get weaker
- What is fun and interesting ?
- Against conventional schools
- No pampering – not putting everything away from children
- A lot is found and discovered by accident
- Recognize opportunities and benefits!